Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background history. I built a new machine about a month ago. So far I have only encountered 3 blue screens over the month. They seem to come very randomly and while playing BF3. Sometimes I have played for 4-5 hours without a single instance and another time it happened within 4-5 minutes.

I am running Win7x64 Ult, Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 Firm. 2103, 2500k no O/C, 2x4GB Gskill DDR1600, 750w PSU with plenty of 12v rail amps, and a Radeon 5970 no O/C with 11.12 drivers.

I am 99% positive it is not hardware related. I have ran memtest and windows men tool for 8-9 hours without a single error, prime95+furmark for hours on end with no problems. My temps are even below average for all my hardware.

I used Blue Screen View to read my dump file and it said that USBPORT.sys was the reason for the crash. The only thing I have USB is my Logitech G700 wireless mouse. I remember however, that I don't think I uninstalled all my old chipset, usb, and audio drivers before I installed new ones so I wonder if there is corruption somewhere etc.

Anyways here is my file! All help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im getting the exact same problems, as you apart from the bsod issue i dont know exactly what it is yet unfortunatly.
Well, I don't actually see the blue screen. The game will freeze on the current frame, and the sound will loop and then the pc restarts itself and when it loads into Windows again, the error message comes up and it says it was a blue screen.

What does your do?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine just goes straight to a blue screen dumps then restarts itself maybe the sound loop is to do with your audio drivers playing up maybe have you tryed doing a fresh install or updating them?
Are you on realtek audio?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft MVP
7,483 Posts
jta98z -
NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-7-and-vista-452654.html

Weeman90 - if you would like individual assistance for your issues, please start a separate topic. That way we can give individual assistance to you and to the original poster jta98z.

The memory dump actually points to HIDCLASS.sys - another Windows driver. This one is involved in Human Interface Devices (like Mice).

As such I'd suggest that you (in addition to providing the info I asked for above):
- download a fresh copy of the Logitech G700 software from the Logitech website
- uninstall the current Logitech software on your system
- install the freshly downloaded software
- monitor for further BSOD's.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:
[font=lucida console]
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\011312-16660-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Fri Jan 13 11:55:57.818 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:15:53.004
Probably caused by : HIDCLASS.SYS ( HIDCLASS!HidpDistributeInterruptReport+130 )
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1E_0
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  bf3.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_0_HIDCLASS!HidpDistributeInterruptReport+130
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 2103
BiosReleaseDate = 11/30/2011
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz"
MaxSpeed:     3300
CurrentSpeed: 3310
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

[/font]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I will post that info as soon as I get back to my PC. I am not completely ruling our RAM because I know that can be the root of a large percentage of BSOD problems, but like I stated, I did run Windows Mem Diag. without any errors as well as Memtest.

If it was a RAM problem, it would be happening a lot more frequently wouldn't it? Like I said, it has only done it 3 times now. Most times I can play for hours without an issue, so that makes me think the RAM is ok isn't it?

Also, as for HIDCLASS, I have san adapter that I can plug my mouse into that converts USB to the mouse port. Would that possibly even do anything?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.