Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer has been acting weirdly and crashing randomly for a couple of months now, but starting yesterday, it just started crashing and presenting BSOD's left and right. For a moment I thought it was due to Chrome, which has always tended to hang or crash (either itself or Windows in its entirety). But today, after logging in, the welcome screen and the subsequent black screen with a cursor took 5-10 time as long as it normally does, and now I can't log in without a BSOD and automatic restart. I did try to update Java to Version 31. I'm not sure how smoothly the installation went -- Chrome crashed sometime during or after the installation -- but I uninstalled Java from Add/Remove Programs. No new hardware, no new software besides Java and PRTG Traffic Grapher (both uninstalled), no new Windows Updates installed. The computer is a notebook, HP Pavilion dm4-1060us, all hardware OEM. Basic System Info: Windows 7 SP1, x64 Originally installed OS, OEM System about 1.5 years old Have never re-installed the OS CPU: Intel Core i5 M430 @ 2.27GHZ GPU: Intel HD Graphics Requested files are attached. I was unable to generate a perfmon /report file ("The system cannot find the file specified."). Note, though, that I ran the programs and am writing this from Safe Mode with Networking. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Your Intel Matrix Storage Driver is the root cause, uninstall it or update its driver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.