·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Heroes!

I recently got the following error message:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\AppPatch\drvmain.sdb

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM.
Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair."

I got the backup disc from Dell since I lost my original. I did the whole repair thing and rebooted, only to get the BSOD.

This error message is:

stop: 0x00000007B (0xF7A29528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I can't get into safe mode. I tried to get into the Recovery Console, but am having difficulties. After selecting which installation I would like to log onto, it prompts the Administrator password. The partition doesn't have a password, so I tried ENTER. "The password is not valid. Please retype the password." I try the administrator password I use to logon to my XP account. Same message. I was planning on running chckdsk /f, but I can't even get into the Recovery Console!

I've done some looking online and it looks like the stop: 0x00000007B error usually also includes some reference to an unmountable drive or the like. I did swap out my old hdd for a new one, but it worked for months with no problems. I ran a ton of diagnostics tests but it looks like all my hardware is fine- everything passed.

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.