Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've had a problem with my computer for a long time where whenever I press start->power->restart my computer will bluescreen when it starts back up. If I press shutdown it works fine every time. This hasn't been a problem until recently because whenever I get a windows update I now have to do a restart. I cannot "update and shutdown" only "update and restart". After it bluescreens on the restart it will continue to bluescreen every time unless I unplug the power for around 30 minutes.

OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista? windows 10
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 bit
· What was the original installed OS on the system? windows 7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
I bought win 7 and got the free update to win 10
· Approximate age of system (hardware) built in 2016
· Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) about 2017
· Have you re-installed the OS? Never
· CPU - intel i7 6700k, not overclocked
· Video Card gtx 980ti
· MotherBoard (if NOT a laptop) msi 7170a ms-7977

· Power Supply - brand & wattage (if NOT a laptop) seagate platinum (I can't remember. Think its the 850w)
Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, no I haven't. I play games and stuff all the time and never had bsod apart from when I click restart. Even if I immediately start it up when it was shutdown. it makes it past the bios screen and then hits the windows startup and bluescreens. I feel like everything is going fine until then, so I wouldn't have suspected the power supply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.