· XP
· Full Retail SP3
· 4+ years
· 1 day
· intel pentium 4 3.0Ghz
· Radeon 9800 Pro
· ASUS p4p800-e deluxe

Installed XP on a recently cleaned HDD
Installed needed drivers, this time with Omega 3.8.442 drivers instead of catalyst legacy.
I had been having issues with this PC when it came to gaming so i immediatly ran the dxdiag direct3d test.
3D test goes fine until the 9 test, where it freezes up and i get BSOD

Attached System Event Log. ATI driver errors in there...
Let me know what other info will help, shame that file collection app is for vista/7 only.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did some searching and found that the CRT error is not the cause of any problems.
I read something about low power to the card, so i used Ai Booster and increased the voltage of agp to 1.80v and that got me through the Direct3D test. Now i will install a game and test that out tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't melt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up getting more BSOD, F4 pointing to HDD, and then an unmountable partition. I had a HDD laying around that i knew was in great condition (this computer had been sitting and loaned for a while) i replaced the HDD and now it works absolutely beautifully.

However, the requests on the windows 7 and vista BSOD require windows 7 and vista, perhaps a post on that thread about XP could be beneficial. I know how to post events, but not the minidumps, for the future ofc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.