Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently purchased an Alienware x51 (new) less than a month ago. Ever since I purchased this item, I will randomly get BSOD errors. My screen will freeze up for a couple seconds and then toss the blue screen at me. On one occasion, the screen turned a pink color with lines running horizontally across the monitor, then the BSOD popped up. I'm lead to believe that this is an issue with my Nvidia driver (which is current from their website). According to PERFMON I don't have any Antivirus. However, I have AVG Free Installed. Also, my CPU idles around 58c.

Here are my specs:

Age of OS install: 04/02/2012 - Factory Install

CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.00GHz - Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 545
MotherBoard:
Alienware 08PG26 - Version A01
Power Supply: 330 Watt - Power Adapter - External

System Manufacturer:
Dell - Alienware
Model Number: x51?

I have also attached the zip file as required.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
TSF - Enthusiast
3,172 Posts
Hi Welcome to TSF

Download "hardware monitor"
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

to check your temps during idle and under load

Now pink lines showing up that could be hardware issue as well as some wires not plugged in properly but lets see

so your mini dump is pointing to
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Thu Oct 20 02:35:50 2011 (4E9FEB76)
Download "Driver sweeper"
install it
download latest drivers from Nvidia's website but not install them just save them to a folder
Boot into safe mode
Uninstall current video drivers using driver sweeper
Reboot
boot into safe mode again and install the video drivers
Reboot

Run driver verifier to see if it catches something (your system will run a lil slower) but use it as normal
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-verifier-windows-7-and-vista-bsod-related-473665.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I have Driver Verifier up and running. If I shut my computer down at night, when I wake up and turn it on is the driver verifier still running in the background, or do I have to enable it again? Approximately how long should I let this run? 24 hours? 48 hours?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have yet to receive a BSOD. I has been 3 days. I do not leave my computer on overnight however, it's only on when I use it. But since that was the trend that was happening, I thought it would be okay. Maybe going into safe mode and removing the drivers and then re-installing helped the issue. Is this thread going to be closed since it hasn't happened for a couple days?

If it happens again, should I just start up another thread with all of the new attachments?

Thanks for all of the help!

·
TSF - Enthusiast
3,172 Posts
I am glad the problem hasn't occured in past 3 days

This thread will be open for 2 weeks from the first day it was posted
so keep using the system if anything happens post the files here within those two weeks if no issue go ahead and mark it solved otherwise post the files here within 2 week period

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.