Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, another one..I saw a lot of similar posts (in many forums), but not all the error codes are the same..I thought I'd show you the error codes I got and maybe you could help my figure out that's the cause. I'm running a Lenovo N500 laptop (1 year old roughly) with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I get these BSOD screens only when I'm in my dorms, when I'm at home it doesn't happen..the only thing different is the network I'm connected to (I guess, everything else is the same). I don't know if that has anything to do with it, maybe it was worth mentioning.
I uploaded the files (a screenshot from the Problem Reports and Solutions with all the details, plus the files 'involved' or something..according to Windows. I'd really appreciate any help.

Attachments

·
Decessit
68,879 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF here is some info on your error
0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)
Troubleshooting “Stop 0x0A” Messages in Windows {KB 165863} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP
Troubleshooting a Stop 0x0000000A Error in Windows XP {KB 314063} Win XP
Possible Resolutions to STOP 0x0A, 0x01E, and 0x50 Errors {KB 183169} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP
During upgrade to Win XP {KB 311564} Win XP
STOP 0x0000000A Error Message When You Change from AC Power to DC Power {KB 316676} Win XP
“Stop 0x0000000A” Error Message When You Fast Switch Between Users {KB 310918} Win XP
While booting NT on same partition as Win 2000 or XP {KB 227301} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP
Windows XP Restarts When You Try to Shut Down Your Computer {KB 311806}
“Fatal System Error” When You Try to Use a Hewlett-Packard 5100C ScanJet {KB 307129} Win XP (with Brother printer)
Computer May Hang During a Heavy Load with an Ericsson HIS Modem {KB 319810} Win 2000, Win XP
STOP 0x4E, STOP 0x1A, STOP 0x50, and STOP 0xA Errors Occur When You Try to Start the Computer {KB 271955} Win NT 4.0 (corrupt physical RAM)
“Stop: 0x0000000A (00000063, 0000001c, 00000000, parameter4)” error message on a Windows 2000-based computer {KB 837384} Win 2000 (program error, hotfix available)
How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Windows Drivers {KB 244617} Win 2000, Win XP, Server 2003
Error Message When Installing Windows Vista on a Computer With More Than 3 GB of RAM: STOP 0x0000000A {KB 929777} Vista (update patch available)
Randomly Stop 0xA Errors in Storport.sys When You Start Windows Vista {KB 930261} Vista (hotfix available)

info found here http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm as you can see it often points to a faulting driver possibly your broadcom drivers or it maybe related to ipv6 you only included one dump file if you have others please upload them

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Visiting Expert | Microsoft Sup
4,026 Posts
The stack text points to ndis.sys and tcpip.sys - networking components. You also have many outdated drivers. Make sure Windows Update is turned on. Also, are there any more dumps that we can check? If so, upload them. They will be located in C:\Windows\Minidump.

First, try updating your network card drivers directly from your manufacturer's website.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft MVP
7,483 Posts
Please update your Lenovo software, particularly the Lenovo Rescue and Recovery filter driver.

Please go to your Device Manager and see if there are any problem devices listed under Network Adapters. If you find any, right click on them and select "uninstall". Also, if you find any ISATAP adapters there, right click on them and select "uninstall". Don't be surprised if they don't come back - that's what should happen (it has to do with conversion between IPv6 and IPv4).

The error can be due to either your wired or your wireless network driver - or it could be due to a broken wired or wireless network card. We work on the drivers first as they're easier to fix.

Download the latest drivers for your wired and wireless network cards from the manufacturer's website.
Then uninstall the software and drivers for the wired and wireless network cards from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program. Then check in Device Manager to be sure that they're gone.
Then install the freshly downloaded drivers. This procedure will remove more than you would by just updating the drivers. Then test to see if you still get BSOD's.

If you do, then go into the BIOS and disable wired network card there (or physically remove it from the system) and test to see if that fixes things.

If it doesn't, then put the wired network card back in and/or re-enable it in the BIOS. Then go into the BIOS and disable the wireless network card there (or physically remove it from the system) and test to see if that fixes things.

Good luck and let us know the results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know if this will help anybody but I was having this problem as well ( BSOD every 10 minutes and either IRQL or Non Paged area errors) and ran Memtest it showed an error and then remembered that I had recently moved my computer and decided to see if the RAM was seated properly in their slots. To my surprise one of them wasjust ever so slightly loose. Reseated said stick and the problem has gone away completley. I know that it may not be so simple for most people that a stick of RAM has come loose but it leads me to believe that this common error could be indicitive of a general RAM problem and I definatley suggest you check to see if your RAM is working properly. If this helps anyone then the little bit of time it took to sign up and post on this board was more than worth it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.