Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ive noticed whenever i play games, after 2 hours or so it randomly crashes to a bsod. Once it said nv4dsp.dll, the other something else. Anyway, What im running is a nforce4 bfgtech mb, with a 3500 amd, 1 gig corsair ram and a 6800gtoc bfg card. Its done this like 5 times now, from yesterday till now and its annoying as hell cause it screws everything up. It cant be hot cause the readers say the cpu is 44c, the card is 66c, enviro temp says 55c. That error seems to point to a driver problem, but i have 66.6 so i dont really have anywhere else to go with it. If someone could help with this, much thanks.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You may need to update your video drivers to the latest version or rollback to an older version. Go to the Nvidia website to update or install your video card drivers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will most likely be solved by rolling your video card drivers either forward or backward, but it could also be a conflict with your AGP driver, so you may want to consider updating your chipset drivers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the newest drivers and its pcie not agp. this is a new install on windows so i dont see rolling it back helping. its been worse as the versions go back for me.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Wakkaz I have been researching your problem and I found quite few others are having this same issue with Nvidia cards. This problem seems to happen when using heavy graphics games like WOW, and Battlefield2, and others. Give this a try and see if it helps.

1. Go to Start>Control Panel, click on Display.
2. In Display click the Settings Tab then Advanced.
3. Click the Troubleshooting Tab and untick "Enable write combining".

I'm hoping this will solve the BSOD or maybe someone here has a better solution.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did that but noticed in Guild wars once it crashed with an err saying memory exception at 00000389 and twice it just froze on me. Something is not working since before i installed all this i crashed maybe once every 5 years in anything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got a couple other bsod's and now its saying irql_not_equal. I ran memtest to only 260% and found 3 errors, not really sure if that is affecting it. I get random cirt errors on games and almost every other bsod has a different error message to it. i dont know what the main cause of this is... If anybody can help..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.