Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I've had a Toshiba Satellite L750-20D for a week or so. From the very first day I've had an occurrence of a BSOD, followed by a restart. Since then there has been at least one per day. Here are the details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 12297

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000018
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF88004259D16
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072312-16801-01.dmp
C:\Users\gandacel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-98842-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

And a link to the .dmp file:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=837F205EED4D306E&id=837F205EED4D306E!103

The blue screen states DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
My OS is Windows 7 64bit.
I'd really appreciate some help.
Thanks a lot!

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
4,349 Posts
Hello Johnny Ripper and welcome to TSF!

The attached dump is a D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bugcheck pointing to the culprit athrx.sys which is the Atheros network adapter driver. Update that driver if available here:

ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)

Service Pack 1 is not installed, install that asap:

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Driver(s) in need of update:

TVALZ_O.SYS - Thu Nov 08 22:08:41 2007 (TOSHIBA ACPI-Based Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device Driver). Update if available here.

Regards,

Patrick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thanks, thanks!
I was really lost.

I installed the SP and updated the Toshiba driver. I downloaded the Atheros one from their site, but I had no idea what to do with a zip full of .sys, .cat and .inf files. I downloaded the Atheros network driver from the toshiba site and it's the one I already have. Should I do something else?

And is there a way to see if the problem is solved, or I should simply wait and hope?

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I updated both drivers (though the network one was, supposedly, up to date) and I've installed the SP, but ten minutes ago the laptop restarted, I didn't see the bluescreen, if there was one, because I wasn't near and there also wasn't any error message... What's wrong?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello

I've followed the steps in the BSOD posting instructions and I've attached the results.
Also, I've run the driver verifier, but I don't know if I did very well. The system BSOD-ed during the reboot, right after I logged in, but I don't have any dump file in the Minidump folder. Actually, I don't have any dump file from the crashes after I've installed SP1 (there has been one more after my last post). The driver mentioned in the BSOD was the one Patrick talked about, athrx.sys, if that's relevant.

I really appreciate your help and your patience with my lack of knowledge and experience. I hope you'll guide me to sorting it out.

Attachments

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
4,349 Posts
Hi,

The latest attached dump is a D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL that is again pointing to athrx.sys. Also, the dump is not verifier enabled, was verifier enabled after the latest 7/25 dump file that you've attached in post #9?

If the system is BSOD'ing right after reboot with verifier enabled, it's likely flagging a driver right on start-up. When you did have verifier enabled, when it crashed, you saw the driver culprit as athrx.sys again you said?

If so, here's an article worth checking out right here on TSF:

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007 Problems | Tech Support Forum

Regards,

Patrick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I think it's my fault that it wasn't solved by now. After Patrick first told me what to do, I updated only the cable network adapter (I don't know how to call it), not the wireless one... I did that now and I ran the driver verifier again and the system didn't crash. Actually, nothing happened. It just restarted normally.

It should be done now, right? Please :)

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
4,349 Posts
Excellent work! If Driver Verifier is no longer forcing a crash, your issue is more than likely solved :)

Regards,

Patrick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.