Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I purchased a laptop a couple of weeks ago and it has kept crashing.
The specs are:

Core i502439M
Intel HD
Radeon HD6470M
4GB RAM
Windows 7

I'm a tech noob so I don't know much about reprogramming or binary lines but I downloaded a program called Bluescreen View and the problem identified was something called ntoskrnl.exe.

I've googled it and it seems like others have had the same problem but I have no idea how to fix it like they did.

Attached are the minidumps

Also, all my drivers are up to date and i've done a full factory original restore already.

Attachments

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft MVP
7,483 Posts
NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...-instructions-windows-7-and-vista-452654.html

ntoskrnl.exe is the kernel (core) of the Operating System.
It's protected by Windows System File Checker.
If you were having problems with it, you'd be having many more issues than a few BSOD's.

The reports that you posted show 4 different BSOD error codes. That's the start of a pattern that says "hardware" to most BSOD analysts. So, please start with the free diagnostics listed below.

While waiting for a reply:
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (located at this link: Hardware Diagnostics ). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
Hard Drive Diagnostics (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.