Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the instructions for posting on the BSOD issues, but am unsure how to proceed since I can only get my laptop to boot in SafeMode with CMD prompt. Any other method of boot has resulted in fairly immediate BSOD that includes DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Via SafeMode with CMD prompt, I entered sfc /scannow, (per How to repair the operating system and how to restore the operating system configuration to an earlier point in time in Windows Vista) and restored my system to yesterday, when all was fine.

However, the restore resolved nothing. Is there any way I can post pertinent information without being able to run any .exe programs, or how can I follow the instructions for posting to this thread with using the cmd prompt?

I'm obviously a tech novice with just enough skills to Google solutions and the patience to wade through scores of old postings on various forums, so please go gentle on me.

Optimistically, Lisa in Indiana

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! for the speedy reply. I did manage to do a system restore to March 15th, and am now on my own machine with NO BSODs in the last hour I have spent gathering info to post here.

I had installed one program (Handbrake: HandBrake) yesterday, but nothing but windows updates prior to that for a little while.

I have uploaded the BSOD File Collection report, and ran the system performance report, and saved it to html, but for some reason am unable to get it to upload here. I've uploaded it, along with some screen shots re: my system to box.net at these links:

Perfmon: perfmon.html - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
Screenshot1: s1.jpg - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
Screenshot2: s2.jpg - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
Screenshot3: s3.jpg - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

The screenshots are my poor attempt to fill in some of these blanks for my HP Pavilion dv5 (hp+pavilion+dv5-1200+:lapspecs.com [Laptop Specifications Central]

· OS - Vista Home Premium x64 (original install, pre-installed)
· Age of system (hardware) - Unsure what this means...
· CPU - see screenshots
· Video Card - see screenshots
· MotherBoard - see screenshots
· Power Supply - AC Power 90 W AC Power Adapter; Battery 6-cell Li-ion

I looked into Memtest86+ at Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool, tried to do the autoinstaller for my usb key, but it did not install correctly.

I'd be more than happy to try to fill in any more "blanks" that might be helpful in diagnosing the underlying reason for my multiple and persistent BSOD's yesterday.

Thank you very much... Lisa in Indiana

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.