Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I've been recieving this same BSOD error and I'm not sure on how to fix it. With BlueScreenView, it's told me that the error, 0x000000f4 is being caused by a driver with the file name of "ntoskrnl.exe". I feel a little embarrassed on not knowing how to fix this but I'm eagerly hoping someone on here will.

My specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
x64
· Original- WIN7 Premium
· Age of system - not sure
· Age of OS installation - not sure

· CPU - Intel Pentium B960, 2.20GHz
· Video Card - not sure
· MotherBoard - not sure
· Power Supply - not sure

· System Manufacturer - ASUS
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) -X54C

Laptop or Desktop? - Laptop

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, Zach.

A quick look suggests there are drive/memory issues here - get all vital data copied away from the machine and carefully follow the instructions for hardware testing in section #6, please: http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...tions-windows-8-1-8-0-7-and-vista-452654.html

Let us know the results/details.
I could not get the HDD one to work but the RAM came out okay. The HDD one might've not have worked because I'm in safe mode because if I start windows normally I get the error within seconds of starting. Safe mode is my only option until this is repaired. It might be a drive issue, so any suggestions on how to fix it?

·
Premium Member
Olfactory training for spam detection.
5,883 Posts
I consider 7 full runs of Memtest86+ to be needed to be reasonably sure of the memory being good, overnight or while at work/college is best.

For both tests, you need to create a bootable CD/DVD/USB and boot from it - the testing will be done outside of Windows.

If there's a serious drive error, the best thing to do would be to get a replacement. We need those tests run so we can work through the options available.

If you cannot make the bootable medium in Safe Mode, try to use/borrow another PC or ask a friend/colleague to create on for you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I consider 7 full runs of Memtest86+ to be needed to be reasonably sure of the memory being good, overnight or while at work/college is best.

For both tests, you need to create a bootable CD/DVD/USB and boot from it - the testing will be done outside of Windows.

If there's a serious drive error, the best thing to do would be to get a replacement. We need those tests run so we can work through the options available.

If you cannot make the bootable medium in Safe Mode, try to use/borrow another PC or ask a friend/colleague to create on for you?
I put the memtest on my F: drive(USB). I'm not sure how to boot it. Sorry, I'm a newbie when it comes to this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Decessit
68,881 Posts
Yes please 7 passes it may take some time and if you have more than 1 stick swap them out then do it again and do it for each slot.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.