Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay earlier i was using my comp and then i got a BSOD that said machine_check_exception STOP 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x80545ff0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070F0F0F) and right before the comp went to BSOD i heard some REALLY nasty clicking coming from the hard drive. I suspect my primary is getting old its about 5 years old and Its been clicking really bad for some time. anyways back on topic, I read on microsofts site that its mostly related to Ram and memory problems. Could this BSOD of been cause by the HDD if it is going bad?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm not sure, but if your hard drive is making any kind of odd sounds then now is time to backup your files and get a new one. There is no sense in waiting for a "head crash". Drives are reasonably priced these days so purchasing one shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

To answer your question, YES, the BSOD can be caused by a failing hard drive. Now, I also am advising you (Resolution gave you good advice) to stop whatever you are doing and Back up that hard drive immediately. Don't delay, do it now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the following specs

480 watt power supply
A8N SLI Deluxe mobo
1 gb RAM
1 160 GB WD hdd (primary) i suspect this drive is failing
1 80 GB WD hdd (secondary)
amd 3500+ cpu

i dont suspect its my power supply or my RAM i suspect my HDD cause it clicks really loud nowadays so i am pretty sure its the HDD but if you have any idea I sure am open

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.