Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys...I have a fair amount of experience troubleshooting system crashes, and I like to think I'm not an idiot...but I just can't seem to pinpoint my issue.

A few months ago I started getting random BSOD. At first very rarely...then it increased to daily, then multiple times a day. I thought it was an old corrupted Win 7 installation that just needed to be reinstalled, so I got a new Samsung 850 Pro SSD and reinstalled a fresh copy of Win 7 Ultimate 64.

Everything works perfectly except I am STILL getting the BSOD. I noticed the black plastic backing piece inside one of the USB ports cracked off and one of the pins was bent over and touching the side metal housing inside. I rebent the pin back into shape and am not using that USB port now. (Still had a crash after that was "fixed."

I've run RAM tests and everything seems to check out.

Alienware(Dell)/Nvidia collude together to not allow driver signature verification for updates to recent drivers even though the drivers work great once you modify the INF files to sign off on the video card hardware IDs (2x GTX 280M running in SLI.):banghead: So I have the most recent drivers for this aging beast. BSOD before and after driver update. Meaning I got BSOD with the most up to date "verified" driver (2010...blah) and the newest 2015 update...so I don't think it's a video card driver issue.

In the System Health Report I notice it says it can't find an antivirus but I am running updated Avast.

Attaching the SysnativeBSODCollection and the PERFMON output. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

This is the original M17x R1 purchased somewhere around 2008 I believe. Other than this BSOD...this machine still flys!!

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :dance:

Attachments

·
Hardware Team , Games Team
4,651 Posts
Welcome to TSF,

Sorry for the delayed response. The majority of the dumps are indicating Avast to be the problem. I would un-install avast for a day and use your laptop like normal to see if the BSOD occurs again.
If your afraid of viruses just dont connect your laptop to the web or install a different virus scanner for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.