Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this BSoD occurs when im plying COD4... in just less than 10mins..wonder why it occurs.. i attached the details of BSoD (attachment pic) ... please give suggestions.... right now im using 169.21 nvidia whql driver....

all temps are fine...

Attachments

·
Hardware Team , Games Team
4,651 Posts
The problem lies in nv4_disp.dll. Which is the Nvidia display driver. It is either corrupt or has an issue with another hardware.
Ive had the same problem and i reverted to the latest Beta driver which works perfectly.
Try this Driver 169.09
Or
This Driver 175.16

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea.. taking a pic saves time.. hehe... anyway aus karlos.. ive installed the new release of 175.16 driver... not the beta uve given the link... so far it did so well until today when i play the game.. the connection interruptions (due to internet connection slow) .. appear and sometime it didnt... and this makes the motions of the game a bit uncontrolled and it gives me "motion sickness"... and suddenly.. there it goes again.. BSoD...see attachment pic.. i dun know what it means.... please help... thanx!

Attachments

·
4,651 Posts
Hmm done a bit of research on this BSOD:
STOP: 0x000000FC - An attempt was made to execute non-executable memory
It seems this BSOD can be caused by numerous things.
  1. DEP
  2. Faulty Memory
  3. Corrupt Driver(s)
  4. Virus/Worm
  5. Application with wrong Security permission
  6. Corrupt Windows System files

Ok so lets try a few things.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1) DEP

1. Restart your computer.

2. Press the F8 key. On a computer that is configured to start multiple operating systems, press F8 when the Startup menu appears.

3. Use the arrow keys to select a Safe Mode option, and then press ENTER.

4. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

5. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
bootcfg /raw “/noexecute=alwaysoff /fastdetect” /id 1
*Note - To turn DEP back on bootcfg /raw “/noexecute=alwayson /fastdetect” /id 1

If you have multiple start entries or start options, you may have to manually modify the Boot.ini file for your computer. To disable DEP by modifying the Boot.ini file, change the /noexecute policy level to alwaysoff.

6. Restart your computer.
2) Memory
Download Memtest 86 from my Sig, make sure you get the CD version so you can create a Boot Disk and run it out of windows.

3) Re-Install all drivers
  1. Motherboard (IDE, SATA, On-board Audio, USB, LAN)
  2. Graphics Card
  3. Sound Card
  4. And any other PCI card drivers

4) Scan with your AV software
If you dont have any go to Avast

5) You can try and change the Security settings for the game.

1) Click Start, click Control Panel, Double click Folder Options, then click the Tab View and uncheck the box Simple File Sharing (Recommended).
This will allow you to access advanced security settings in the properties of the folder.

2) Locate the games main folder eg. C:/Program Files/ EA games/Crysis

3) Right click on the Games folder and select Properties, click the tab Security, then select the User profile and check the box Full Control.

4) Press OKand start the game like normal.

5) Corrupt Windows System Files

1) Put in the XP CD and restart your System

2) When prompted to Boot from CD/DVD press any key and let Windows boot from the CD.

3) Once the Setup is complete it will give you 3 options.
  1. Install XP
  2. Repair XP
  3. Exit
Choose Repair. Once selected it may take some time to load.

4) Once on the Command Line Interface or DOS it will ask if you like to use a non-standard keyboard, just ignore until the count down is finished.
Then it will ask you to select the OS it has found. Type 1 and press Enter

5) You maybe prompted to enter a password for the Administrator account (What you use in safemode) most the time you have not set a password up so you leave it blank and hit Enter. If you have added a password enter it and then press Enter.

6) After all that the CMD should say C:/Windows
Simply type chkdsk /p and hit Enter
This will run a scan check on the system files and repair if necessary.

7) After it has finished the scan, type Exit and it will exit the repair tool and will reboot.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for the infos provided there aus karlos.... some of the steps ive done before but some are not.. well now i underclocked my VGA a bit and hope that it solved the issues.. ill try some of your guidance and post again if any problems occur

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay.. this tym it appears that after several hours playing well.. an error occured... something related to the DirectX ... i install this directX which is provided by COD4 disc... i dont want to install the current updated Directx because last tym i installed it .. one server that i always enter have problem with it.. the movement not smooth like bfore.. thats why i dont want to update it.. is there any other way than that?

·
4,651 Posts
Another thing could be your System overheating..
Download Everest from my sig.
Could you post the temperatures and the voltages on Idle and then Full Load (Full Load = Playing a game for 5-10 min)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
okay.. i have everest but i screenshot the temps using HWMonitor as it gives the same reading as everest but its more details and easy for you to analyze (attached pic) ... well the value is the current temps, the min is when it idles and the max is the temps its recorded under load.... i dun want to use speedfan because last tym i used it.. the temps read kinda gay... even when my PC is idles... the temps keep changing even reaching 120C and then go back very low celcius.. the temps keep on changing every seconds..i dun know y... but this reading from HWMonitor is also the same as BIOS reading under uguru utility... hope it helps..

btw.. if its not about temps.. is it my VGA cannot support the max settings of COD4?

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i played the game again today and there was no BSoD... only it crashes and an error message occured saying DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error... what shud i do..? should i reinstall or update? if im considering update...i may take the first update after my Directx which is June07... if not considering update.. what shud i check? and btw... is there any specific way to install directx.. cause ive read some articles that have to do safe start first...etc2...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
or do u think i shud rollback to older version of VGA driver as some ppl says no solutions to this directX matters and converting to older driver works.. do u think i shud try for ur 169.09 Beta driver where it says recommended for crysis? (EDIT: Tho some says that it still fails..ill wait for ur suggestions and recommendations bfore doing anything..Thanx)

·
4,651 Posts
My DirectX link contains the latest DX9 update. If its getting a corruption error then your DX files could be corrupt. Just update like you would a game no need to start in safe-mode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.