Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i do have a BSOD issue while playing SWTOR. It occurrs about an hour after i started playing.

I already updated every Driver and followed other instructions i found in google, f.e. Uninstalling Hard Drive driver etc.

This is the output of "whocrashed", it is referring to a double error:

###
On Sun 27.07.2014 09:56:15 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072714-12625-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFF801AE3D8E70, 0xFFFFF801AE0977E0, 0xFFFFF801ACAD2063)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 27.07.2014 09:56:15 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFF801AE3D8E70, 0xFFFFF801AE0977E0, 0xFFFFF801ACAD2063)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

###

This is the link to the output of the dump file:

OneDrive Link

And this is the actual Dump Files:

OneDrive Link

Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Small Update:

After about 2 Hours Uptime, another double Error occured, while i was not in the game... Different Name this time but in the same files... here's the output:

On Sun 27.07.2014 13:23:25 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072714-11031-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8026D1DF525, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Sun 27.07.2014 13:23:25 GMT your computer crashed
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8026D1DF525, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

After i already had my pc sent back to the builder and they pretended to having checked everything for 24 hours, i start getting desperate.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I can't actually find anything, even in the large Kernel memory dump.
Let's give Driver Verifier a go.

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier monitors Windows kernel-mode drivers, graphics drivers, and even 3rd party drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. Driver Verifier can subject the Windows drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be causing the issues at hand, enabling Driver Verifier will help us see which specific driver is causing the problem.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8/8.1)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8/8.1)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD. To expand on this a bit more for the interested, specifically what Driver Verifier actually does is it looks for any driver making illegal function calls, causing memory leaks, etc. When and/if this happens, system corruption occurs if allowed to continue. When Driver Verifier is enabled per my instructions above, it is monitoring all 3rd party drivers (as we have it set that way) and when it catches a driver attempting to do this, it will quickly flag that driver as being a troublemaker, and bring down the system safely before any corruption can occur.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will detect it in violation almost straight away, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
Restart and boot into normal Windows.

If your OS became corrupt or you cannot boot into Windows after disabling verifier via Safe Mode:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.

-- Note that Safe Mode for Windows 8/8.1 is a bit different, and you may need to try different methods: 5 Ways to Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8 & Windows 8.1

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier. I will usually say whether or not I'd like for you to keep it enabled any longer.

My system BSOD'd with Driver Verifier enabled, where can I find the crash dumps?

- If you have the system set to generate Small Memory Dumps, they will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump.

- If you have the system set to generate Kernel-Memory Dumps, it will be located in %systemroot% and labeled MEMORY.DMP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, again about 1,5 hours later i receive another BSOD.

This time with another name, but referencing to the same module and code...

###

On Sun 27.07.2014 15:03:15 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072714-12562-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF83, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8014A2584E6, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

On Sun 27.07.2014 15:03:15 GMT your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF83, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8014A2584E6, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

##

again it's a double error.

I was not ingame, only surfing the internet.

·
Registered
460 Posts
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Code:
BugCheck 50, {[COLOR=Red]ffffffffffffff83[/COLOR], [COLOR=Blue]1[/COLOR], fffff8014a2584e6, 0}
This bugcheck is very consistent and is normally caused by bad RAM, given a write operation has tried to occur at an invalid address which is consistent it's not surprising.

With all this said so far I suggest running Memtest86 for at least 8 passes.

Which one should I download?

You have two options to choose from, you can either download the ISO version then burn it do a CD and boot it from there.
The other option is downloading the auto installer for USB sticks, you then boot from that USB stick.
Be warned though, it will format your USB then install the files needed to make it bootable so any files left over will be wiped off.

Download it here:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

So how does it work?

It works by writing a series of test patterns to most memory addresses over 9 tests, it then reads the data back to compare it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth pass is optional from the menu which writes all the memory in zeroes then sleeps for 90 minutes and compares it to see if any address have changed, this takes 3 hours per pass each time.

My memtest86 isn't booting! What should I do?

This can be caused by a number of different reasons, common ones include your BIOS not setting using the correct settings, you might want to change your boot priority order.
Other causes include your motherboard not supporting bootable USB sticks in which case you'll need to use a CD (or floppy drive).

Any other issues you might want to look here:

FAQ : please read before posting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay this will take me some time, as i will need to do it tomorrow, because i am working at the moment....

I will keep you up to date!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.