1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
· OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? Windows 7 SP1
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM
· Age of system (hardware) 4 months
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 1 week - reinstalled

· CPU - Intel 2600k
· Video Card - Sapphire Ultimate 5670
· MotherBoard - Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 rev. 1.0
· Power Supply - brand & wattage - Solitech 600w

· System Manufacturer - Local brand
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Something is forcing CSRSS process to close, a process which is crucial to Windows operations. Unfortunately the minidumps did not catch the culprit, nor do they provide enough information to do a thorough investigation. However, I can see that this is most certainly due to a software problem. In which case, you'll want to use Driver Verifier and let it crash one or more times with DV active. Send us the resulting crashdumps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your replay.
Unfortunately, Driver Verifier end up always with 0x000000C4 at boot and no minidump.
Error code is 0x000000C4 (0xB2, FFFFF98001214FC0, 0x05, 0x05).
What I can do?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
It means one of two things: either the driver causing the crash is related to your disk I/O (such as disk drivers, volume drivers, AV drivers, etc.), or the driver causing the crash was loaded prior to your disk-related drivers.

Did it at least create a kernel dump? Go into the Windows folder and find MEMORY.DMP. Check the timestamp on the file (go into its properties) to see the date which it was created. If it's most recent, and you believe it could be one produced by Driver Verifier, zip it up and upload it to a 3rd-party filesharing site so we can access it.

I do want to note that I checked the syslog and discovered you had a lot of previous bugchecks that never had minidumps saved because they failed to create them. However in each case the kernel dump appeared to have been successfully created.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, with Driver Verifier active it crashes without minidump or MEMORY.DMP.
System become unbootable and need to enter in safe mode and delete Drive Verifier settings to boot again.
Any ideea what ca I do next?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Send us another JCGriff Report so we can see if it's at least posting an event in the system log of the occurrence.

If you wish, you should also go ahead and look for updates for your chipset drivers, your BIOS, and any disk/RAID drivers should they exist for your setup.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
While it didn't exactly give me a definitive, solid answer, I did find something curious that also coincides with some previous errors.

Some of the bugchecks that have been occurring - including one of the most recent - was a 0x7a bugcheck, in that during an attempt to move data from the paging file onto memory, an error was reported. It mentions the error code of c00000c0, which means device does not exist. Most likely this means somehow the drive or partition holding the paging file got magically whisked away and is no longer to be found. I suspect we may have a troublesome HD we're dealing with, or - again - drivers related to drive usage that would impede and therefore cause this problem.

Continue to look for and install those drivers for your motherboard chipset, the BIOS, and whatever RAID drivers that may also be involved. Afterwards, if those don't seem to resolve this, you'll wanna do a chkdsk. Right-click the drive (volume) that has the paging file on it (usually the one with Windows on it unless you changed it) and go to Properties. Go to the Tools tab and click the "Check now..." button. Have both options selected. It'll ask if you wanna restart. Do so and let the check run (will take a while). If you start seeing bad sectors popping up, or the scan takes several hours and doesn't appear like it's going to finish, then you have a failing HD that must be replaced ASAP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.