Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using ameritech dsl and use ie6. I have Yahoo set as my home page by default. Lately when I am browsing, going from page to page or site to site the search will not complete. I have to constantly refresh the page i am on and then click on wherever I want to go all over again. This did not happen as little as two weeks ago. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cleared my cache, deleted cookies and cleared history. It still is acting up. Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently faced the same issue and someone gave me some good advice. I downloaded Bearshare which is a peer to peer file swapping app that uses NEW.net. It was royally screwing up my browsing in IE6. Do this:start-run then type msconfig. Look through the box that pops up and if you see anything that has to do with NEW.net uncheck it. I had to uninstall bearshare to get my browser to work again!! Morpheus and Kazaa use the same thing.

S

·
0 Posts
Download Ad-Aware available for free here. Install, configure and run this program it will find and remove most spyware............:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.