Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It can be done!!! Browsing with Mozilla in Mandrake 8.2, hooked up by proxy through a win2000 machine using Mark from AnalogX's fabulous proxy program. Bill Gates would poop a brick.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried it, it didn't seem to handle things as well. Is it better somehow? Seemed a little slow on graphics.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only one I can get here without sattelite. (I had starband in Michigan) I'm on a dial up through a win modem. Cable won't do my street for some reason and I can't get DSL at my exact location. I'm glad I rented- when my house sells in MI I'll buy in an area with DSL. Believe it or not that is one of the criteria for house hunting for me.

S

·
0 Posts
Well when I move up to Maine the only choice I will have is satellite....:rolleyes: Boo Hoo

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't fret, sattelite is awesome! as a matter of fact, I have a starband model 360 sat modem I might not be using. I'll contact you after I move- If I can get DSL or cable I'll just give it to you. If I can't I'll need it.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm on cable now and a friend of mine has Satellite.

And his Satellite is lot slower than my cable.

But I have a while before I need to worry about that...:D

Oh and thanks for the offer...:winkgrin:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Direct PC or Starband? My downloads were faster than any cable system I ever saw, but uploads were limited to 128k. I think cable limits uploads also as does DSL.

DSL downloads were faster than my Starband.

Clock a download (curiosity) and see what it is. I was getting no less than 550 and up to just over 900 on downloads AND I MISS IT.:angry2:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, that is fast. I stand corrected. Or maybe the cable company in michigan really sucked.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't feel too bad, I went from "rocks" to "ugh". I was not going to get cable, but I'll look in to it again. When I move.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not in Mozilla. (for you non linux users reading and learning, Mozilla is the fameous browser otherwise known as "Netscape")

But I can't pry my kid away from the games long enough to do any real testing!

S

·
0 Posts
Mozilla

Kind of sounds like Italian cheese or something!

Hey DJ Specs would you like a Mozilla, pepper, mushroom and onion pizza.....LOL

It sure does look like Netscrape though.....:winkgrin:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Or an old Japaneese monster movie:

MOZILLA -VS- KONQUEROR

The winner gets to fight Mothera.

S

·
0 Posts
I just set it up and I like it better, Being familiar with Netscape and all...:winking:

I just downloaded every game that they offer from the installation package, And I don't play games.

But my ten year old son will enjoy them...:D

He's my OS tester if it survives him it's good by me....LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.