Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to group; using I.E. and Firefox on 2 different Pcs, with XP; on satellite connection. When loading pages with pictures, they seldom load all pics. Have to r. click on where image should be and select 'show pic' to see. Cleared cache, temp files, hist, and confirmed browser settings were correct for alllowing pictures. Would appreciate any suggestions; probably something embarrasingly simple, thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Ken

·
Registered
560 Posts
If it was just Firefox I'd suggest checking - Tools > Options > Web Features > and now ensure 'Load images' is ticked and 'for originating website only' is unticked.

As it's with IE also I'd start by checking the Firewall.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I would focus first on the fact that we're dealing with a satellite connection here. If you have poor reception, you will experience what is known as "dropped packets", that is to say that a response from a server could get lost in transmission and you'll never see it because all that was received was garbage.

The first thing I would try out is to reduce the MTU setting (MTU= maximum transmission unit, per packet). Follow the tutorial Here, and try setting the value to that of dialup. If that remedies your problem, increase the value closer and closer to that of broadband until the point where you experience the problem again- then back it down to just below that.

It's advisable to back up the registry or create a restore point before performing this, but if you didn't, or are experienced, you really don't have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.