Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm currently using Firefox for general browsing, and Icecat for email and anything where money is involved. I don't store any passwords on the computer, whether in the browser, a password manager or a hidden file with some obscure name. For accounts I don't often use, I write the password down on paper and keep it tucked away.

I agree with Gary R: there's no such thing as secure when online. The more I learn about it the more I realize how insecure everything is. I use bleachbit and occasioanlly change my network's MAC address but after some testing found some places were still tracking me. And it's not just software: the old 4th gen Intel I'm using has a tiny OS hidden inside the CPU that 'phones home' to the mothership. I once looked into air-gapping my setup but decided it was too much.

One way to help prevent your accounts from being hacked is removing all the passwords you have from the computer. I guess everyone has to decide for themselves what security is reasonable to maintain and what isn't.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts