Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded adobe flash player from a video site and now my mozilla and IE broser will not open. I can get to the internet thru adobe reader, view, pdf online box. This opens IE provided by yahoo. I deleted the flash player file. I tried to remove mozilla with add/remove but it will not remove. I downloaded mozilla 4 and opened it, it did the same thing. I only show mozilla 3.6.13 in the add/remove program and its the one that will not remove. I did download and save to my desktop mozilla4 but did not open it. I followed the instructions attach the grk.txt zipped fils, I cannot complete the dds scan, it gets 2/3 thru and stops. when I trie to x out it freezes my computer. I have tried this many ways and it stops in the same place each time. I ran microsoft sec essentials and it found a few bad files and deleted them. After that I used restore but it only goes back to mar 24 which is when this all happened. One of the forum members said I downloaded a fake copy of adobe and it installed mal ware. I am currently in Iraq and have limited mobility to to computer to a dealer for service. Any help Thanks pmgpmg Oh I do not have any of my windows restore disc ect. my computer is old a 2004 dell I did not bring my newer computer as they get beat up over here.

Attachments

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
Hello pmgpmg,

Since dds.scr freezes on you, please download rsit.exe and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run it.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
If you do not see the info.txt you can find it in the C:\rsit folder. Please attach that .txt

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.