Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I;m running Win XP(for another few months ,at least) and i am watching a live event and it is telling me that
"your browser(Firefox) currently does not recognize any of the follwing video formats available. Click here to check out our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video"
The strange thing is that it worked for same live events last week and i was able to view live video.Furthermore, if i wait a day or several hours after the live event,i am able to replay the event and view the video. This seems to be happening periodically and i cannot figure out for the life of me why it does this and how to remedy it.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,823 Posts
Make sure you have the latest FF version 52+++ which is the last for Windows XP.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is FF version 52+++ ? You lost me on that one.What are steps to find out if i have it and how do i get it?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,823 Posts
FF>Help>About Firefox

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It shows i have Firefox ESR 52.2.1(32-bit) and that i am on the esr update channel>>>
Application Basics
Name Firefox
Version 52.2.1
Build ID 20170627155318
Update History Show Update History
Update Channel esr
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
OS Windows_NT 5.1
Profile Folder Open Folder
Enabled Plugins about:plugins
Build Configuration about:buildconfig
Memory Use about:memory
Performance about:performance
Registered Service Workers about:serviceworkers
Multiprocess Windows 0/1 (Windows XP)
Safe Mode false
Profiles about:profiles

Crash Reports for the Last 3 Days
Report ID Submitted

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Downloaded the latest adobe flash, did not make any diffference;getting same message that"your browser(Firefox) currently does not recognize any of the follwing video formats available. Click here to check out our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video";
I had this problem before and someone else told me to refresh FF and that really did not solve the problem. The thing is that this problem seems to arise during"live broadcasts" and sometimes i can get the video,other times like today i cannot.It is a real fickle type of thing.
I managed to get the site on my laptop(using Win 7Pro) just to see if it was me or the site and i had no problems at all,video,sound etc...were all fine. I alsohave tried Chrome Google on the PC running Win XP and it also works,although today,it would not load,it kepted looping.
Any other suggestions as to how to fix this issue? Is it possible to manually download the HTML5 software to enale this site on my wion XP? As i indicated, it may work tomorrow and it may not.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK Corday,i think i found solution,here it is>>
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-player/<< when i downloaded and added this You Tube flash player Add-on, i went back to site and presto it loaded!
So i guess that was the whole issue. It still doesn't explain why after having got the latest adobe flash player,it did not work,but who cares now! I think i solved my own problem.
Many thanks again as always.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.