Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
problem: I had at one time installed Netscape6,uninstalled it,then went to 7, tried it, didn't like it, so uninstalled it. Right now I have no Netscape browser at all, so I am using I.E. 4.x but when I go to view my temp files off-line after a mornings effort on line - I find that the jpegs, & gifs are being transformed into Netscape icons and require Netscape 6 browser to view. I do not wish to have Netscape in my machine anymore so, how do I get rid of it? I have Win 98se. I hope that my question is clear. I realize that I will lose some pictures but I am prepared for that.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sounds like you may need to re-associate your files so that they are no longer opened with netscape.

To create or modify a file type

1 Double-click the My Computer icon.

2 On the View menu, click Options, and then click the File Types tab.

3 To create a new file type, click New Type.

To modify the settings for an existing file type, click the type, and then click Edit.

4 Specify a description for the file type and the filename extension associated with this type of file.

5 Click New to define an action for this file type.

If you are modifying an existing type, you can click the command in the Action box that you want to modify, and then click Edit.

6 Specify the action that you want to define, such as Open or Print, and the command that should run to complete this action.

7 Repeat steps 5 and 6 for as many actions as you want to define for this file type.

If you need more help just look up file associations in Windows Help! hehe Hope fully that will help, you can associate your .jpgs with Internet Explorer. I'd upgrade tho, at least to IE5.5.

TC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.