Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Sound card?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JimE 
#1 ·
Specs: Studio desktop 540
Windows vista
Realtek high definition audio

My sound has been randomly stopping and returning for about 1 month. Before, it would randomly just stop working. I would restart the computer and it would return to normal. It gradually increased to it happening more and more. Eventually (now), it completely stopped and will come on for about 5 seconds then turn off. The first time it stopped working, I re-installed the driver and it worked again. Now I try to re-install the driver and it does nothing. I've tried system restoring, other speakers etc. All to no avail. I think my sound card's broken. The realtek definition software also spams "You have just plugged a device into the audio jack" and "You have just unplugged a device into the audio jack" as a popup. Can anyone help? Thanks

Discussion starter · #6 ·
I have a built in sound card, no pci. And if it matters, the volume goes up on the sound dial when it's being used. I just can't hear anything. And my driver switches between real tek and 2-high definition audio device. No idea why, why are computers so damn annoying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.