Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody know what could breake a power supply. Someday ago, a client had call me saying that is pc have shut-down during boot a now this piece of junk don't boot anymore. I've suspected the power-supply, so I buy a new one (300W atx to replace a 250w atx). I put it into the tower. When I press power everything works fine and windows booted. 30 seconds after, the pc shutdown and a white smoke came from de new power-supply. Is anybody know what could make this new power-supply burn like the old one?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Where to start....

Check the power source...go to radio shack and get a simple outlet tester ...is the power good or bad...if the client is big enough contact APC www.apcc.com for a power evaluation...it costs $$ but so does blown systems....have an electrician go over the outlet...move the old system to a new outlet...if it blows again...bad MB or another part causing overload...get rid of the machine...the $$ cost to rebuild would be the same as gosting the HD to another system...if its the power suppy get a UPS from again APC...Tripp Lite is cheaper...( resell both) and get the power fixed....all systems should be protected by at least...AT LEAST a surge protecter ...and it is worth a power conditioner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.