Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i recently installed xfx 8600gt 256mb and started seeing weird graphics. i get these jagged polygon type things breaking up the graphics.
i've attached a screenshot.

first i thought it was the power supply since my old one was not meeting the minimum watts the video card requires, which is 350W. so i went out and bought a 430W p.s.u. however that still did not resolve the issue.
tried different games (half-life 2, team fortress 2) with the same problem.
also, sometimes when i alt-tab in and out of the game it resolves the problem temporarily, only to come back after a short while.

has anyone else ever experienced this? how can i fix this?

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
As Eric said try the most upto date driver, make sure direct X 10 is installed. Also can you post your full system specification, 430w doesn't seem still quite powerful enough. As its with all games we can rule out the game rendering engine. Also can you acquire a temperature reading for the graphics card please when playing a game/under a full load.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would look into a possible driver issue first. Where did you acquire your driver from? Is it the most current driver?
I first installed the one directly from nvidia's site, 163.75_forceware. That didnt fix it. So I tried the one from XFX's site, 169.04_forceware. <- this is the current one installed.

I believe it is the most current driver, dated October 28, 2007.

As Eric said try the most upto date driver, make sure direct X 10 is installed. Also can you post your full system specification, 430w doesn't seem still quite powerful enough. As its with all games we can rule out the game rendering engine. Also can you acquire a temperature reading for the graphics card please when playing a game/under a full load.
My system:
Motherboard: ASUS A8V-E DELUXE
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket Socket 939
Memory: 2 x Kingston PC3200 (200mhz) 512mb
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600gt 256mb

The temperature right when booted in is around 49C~50C and while running the game is around 55C, which is not high at all. So I don't think it's a heating issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.