Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have recently swtiched my boradband from wanadoo(512k)worked perfectly but annoying limit) to uk online. Now whenever i sign in it connects ok but than when i go to view websites (95% of them) the speed is astoundingly slow even though it is the same speed as wandoo. Not only this i can longer connect to MSN messenger or to ESO(age of mythology) though they worked fine on wandoo. The migration finished a couple of days ago. I phoned ukonline and there seems not to be a problem with...anything really, the modem works fine, i rebooted the computer so there is no adware/viruses etc (including the scanners) and the isp is fine. The annoying thing is on my other computer the BB works fine with no problems. I was wondering if any of you have any idea what it might be. Thanks for the help.

p.s. Downloading on the ukonline runs fine at the speeds it should. I think the problem might lie with some of the settings yet these are the same as those on the computer that runs the BB fine

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
More info needed.

Are both computers connected to your Broadband connection?
If so, how? Wired, wireless, ICS, switch, router?
What is the config of the problem machine? CPU speed? OS and Service Pack level? Amount of physical memory?

JamesO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.