6 Posts
Please help, I'm a newbie here and I have two routers for testing:

Linksys Router: router1
computer1

Linksys Router: router2
computer2

router1 set to 192.168.0.1
router2 set to 192.168.1.1

i have one ethernet connected directly to each router's uplink/internet port. One end on router1 and the other end on router2. Is there anything else i need to configure? please advise, greatly appreciated!

·
Global Moderator
51,343 Posts
What are you trying to do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm just trying to get Computer1 to see Router2 and computer2. Seems that there is something that needs to be done but i don't know the next step. No this is not connected to the internet.

·
Global Moderator
51,343 Posts
You are connecting two routers in series, so the NAT layer is blocking requests.

Once again, what is the purpose of the two routers?

·
Global Moderator
51,343 Posts
Well, you only need one router for a firewall, a second router is just a complication. Since this is not connected to the Internet, I can't imagine what the firewall requirement is for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is pretty much for a test network. To get computer1 that is connected to router1 communicating to computer2 on router2. thats pretty much it.

·
Global Moderator
51,343 Posts
I think you need to draw a picture. Are you trying to connect the two WAN ports of the routers together?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Computer1----Ethernet---Router1---- ethernet ---- Router2----ethernet-----Computer2

This is pretty much how the network is setup. I connected router1 port1 to router2 uplink port. Computer1 still can't ping computer2 or router2, do i need to disable the firewall? configuration settings?

·
Global Moderator
51,343 Posts
What's the "uplink" port on the router? What are the specific make/model of these routers? I say again, what are you trying to accomplish?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.