Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This engine is popular in the Husqvarna YTH 23v48 Lawn Traction that I own. The oil drain port nut and spout leak and it is a frequently reviewed YouTube complaint. I viewed a great modification in a YouTube vid. I bought the parts from Briggs Parts Direct. The first part is the 796532 Connectior for the hose. This part is coated with a thick red sealant and would not thread in without a lot of torque. I quit the effort thinking it is the wrong thread or pipe diameter for the enging port. I need to locate the correct size connector for my engine model. Briggs parts customer service only operate off the parts diagram and do not have tech support to assist in diagnosing the correct thread/part I should use for this project. The two connectors appear to be the same size but I don't think so. Perhaps the read sealant is causing the tight fit? If you zoom in, he threads appear to be stripping. What is the right part?

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,202 Posts
My best suggestion is what I do to that pos design when ever I see one inm y garage THROW IT AWAY!!!!!! its junk, go to the hardware store and buy a piece of pipe, water pipe works great, lomng enough to go off you mower , but not long enough to be in the way, alsop but a 90 degree elbo and a plug, all water pips, install teh pipe elbi pointing don and put the plug in the end of it use sealant on every connection and THAT will fix the problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any time you remove a threaded item from your vehicle or mower, etc you should clean the threaded port with a rag first then I usually use a small brass wire brush to make sure no thread sealant globs hardened or any thread burrs from removing item that may have been threaded in for quite some time. If I am in doubt I will go ahead and run the correct thread size tap into the port followed by cleaning and air blow out of port with compressed air. Yes, definitely a thread pitch gauge is a good idea if in doubt and they are not that expensive.

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,202 Posts
Any time you remove a threaded item from your vehicle or mower, etc you should clean the threaded port with a rag first then I usually use a small brass wire brush to make sure no thread sealant globs hardened or any thread burrs from removing item that may have been threaded in for quite some time. If I am in doubt I will go ahead and run the correct thread size tap into the port followed by cleaning and air blow out of port with compressed air. Yes, definitely a thread pitch gauge is a good idea if in doubt and they are not that expensive.
And then seal the pipe that your install

·
Registered
1 Posts
This engine is popular in the Husqvarna YTH 23v48 Lawn Traction that I own. The oil drain port nut and spout leak and it is a frequently reviewed YouTube complaint. I viewed a great modification in a YouTube vid. I bought the parts from Briggs Parts Direct. The first part is the 796532 Connectior for the hose. This part is coated with a thick red sealant and would not thread in without a lot of torque. I quit the effort thinking it is the wrong thread or pipe diameter for the enging port. I need to locate the correct size connector for my engine model. Briggs parts customer service only operate off the parts diagram and do not have tech support to assist in diagnosing the correct thread/part I should use for this project. The two connectors appear to be the same size but I don't think so. Perhaps the read sealant is causing the tight fit? If you zoom in, he threads appear to be stripping. What is the right part? View attachment 331702
Its very hard to say what is the best way to organize your situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts