Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so with my hp laptop the wireless is finicky... I have done all the updates, rebooted, wiped and reinstalled everything and nothing is working. I have chalked it up to the fact that the comp is just a p.o.s. and that i have to stay connected via ethernet. the problem i have here is my router is located in my basement or my main computer... (also an hp but its a desktop) so i was wondering. i thought originally that if i just bought a router from staples i could connect to that router and it would just pick up the signal from my other router downstairs. i was then told that i need an extender, that way i could use it as a landline essentially but it would be running off of wireless so to speak. then someone told me that i need a bridge not an extender because the extender only makes the signals range wider and that the bridge is what i connect into to make me a land line. so.... can anyone tell me what it is i need? i cant run off of wireless i need to be connected into an ethernet but using the router i already have is out of the question because running a phone line into my room is impossible do to the concrete floor under the carpet and i dont want to relay carpet.

so anyone?!

sorry for the long post :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.