Tech Support banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so I ran out and picked up a brand new 2 TB Seagate laptop hard drive, installed it, and then tried to reinstall Windows.

Reinstalling Windows took like five hours due to multiple "page fault in nonpaged area" "irql not less or equal" among others.

When I finally got Windows 10 up and running, I was having BSODs every 10 minutes mainly with now "Driver irql not less or equal"

While that stop code has largely disappeared after installing the missing drivers from my PC, that stop code occasionally still occurs

My biggest threat right now is "page fault in nonpaged area" "thread exception not handled" and "kernel security check failure"

Installing drivers tended to land A LOT of "attempted write to readonly memory" and took numerous attempts on each

Most of these Google says corrupt files and bad hard drives but this hard drive is BRAND SPANKING NEW!!!

Unless my USB flash drive installed a bad OS to begin with

What could be the problem here? I have new hard drive and ram and yet issues continue to happen

This is on the same HP Envy 17. The model number, by the way is: j177nr

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,413 Posts
Post a mini-dump

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will not let me upload anything (I zipped the minidumps) because the uploader returns a "secure connection failed" error message

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More minidumps.

Just had four in a row. Only two minidumps were created however.

This includes the first "Critical process died" AFTER installation.

Are you guys going to get back to me?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,034 Posts
Are you guys going to get back to me?
Please re-read this post.

No help at all from here? :(
We're volunteers, and we do have things going on in our lives besides this issue.

Your original post is not even three hours old, and you've already been offered repeated assistance. You need to have a little patience, and will continue to need it as assistants will get to this as they have time available.
That said, we usually tell people, "If you have no reply, after 72hrs, you may reply to your own thread with, "Bump please".

I am not a BSOD analyst myself but I do like to help people to post the relevant logs etc., to save time when an analyst gets to your thread.

Please follow our Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

You may post the results here in this thread, if you like but our analysts will first of all look for threads with zero replies.

Good luck! :smile:

·
Registered
40,724 Posts
Seagate drive have high High Failure rates, sometimes out of the box. This is a bad HDD. Take it back to place of purchase and exchange it.
You can remove the HDD from the laptop and attach it internally to a desktop computer as a secondary drive or via USB Adapter.
Download HDTune, not Pro. Choose the drive from the Drop Down arrow on the top toolbar. go to the Error Scan tab. Run a full Error Scan.This will take a while. If all of the boxes are Green, the drive is healthy. If any of the boxes are RED that means they are bad sectors. There is no reason to complete the test, the drive needs to be replaced.
Also, to return the Seagate you will have to run Seatools For Windows, Long test, report your findings to Seagate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts