Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a computer with a Gigabyte quad-something motherboard and a Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU (i think) and a fanless PSU. When I plug in the PSU with nothing connected to the motherboard except the power connectors and the power on front panel connector, the board powers up, the fans start etc. But when I insert the CPU (i have checked its orientation and CPU fan, btw) the board does not power on. The LED on the PSU lights, but nothing happens when I press the front panel power switch.

A thing to note is that I haven't connected all the components and front panel connectors to the board. I came up against this in the "incremental testing" since my case is rather cramped and difficult to work with (including a HUGE heat sink).

Am I missing something obvious?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Note to self: Aerocool's cases are conductive and short the motherboard when installed. Do not use these cases in the future.

(Am I just stupid? This is, after all, just the second computer I built from scratch. Do things like this happen often?)

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
you need
cpu
video
speaker
ram and then power up and you should get post
when you put it in the case check you have a standoff for each hole in the m/b and that they line up with the holes
no more and no less

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.