Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had downloaded an email program(can't remember the name of it) just for the fun of it which seemed a little more fun than Outlook Express. One of the apps connected with it was the ability to 'ping' a sender indicating that the email address was no long active. I get what look like normal emails with sender names that are quite common and subjects that might pique someone's interest. I just delete most emails that I don't recognize the sender but would like to be able to 'ping' them rather than continuing to delete. I uninstalled that email program because I was really just fooling around with it. But the app I mentioned was helpful--now I don't have it.

Would anyone know of an application that would allow the ping bounce to indicate that the email address was no longer operative?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
I use Mailwasher Pro, which has the 'bounce' feature.

The free version can also bounce spam, and is easy to configure so it learns which emails you want to get rid of.

Blacklist. Any e-mails you bounce back get their senders details put on the blacklist for easy removal if they come back. You can even set it to automatically bounce and delete blacklisted e-mails, or whole domains off the server. Plus, MailWasher can use external blacklists such as ORDB and Spam Cop or you can specify your own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.