Tech Support banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a HP Omen 17-an109nm laptop.
Its battery broke, new one arrived yesterday.
The problem with it is that it doesn't want to charge.
I'm working on it for 22 hours now. I tried EVERYTHING.
It's not a charger issue, not a hardware issue, its something about the software.
Can someone PLEASE help me i am so annoyed right now i want to break something.
HELP :((((

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
27,729 Posts
Why are you sure it's not a charger issue? You can update the Battery driver from the Device manager. Might be a warranty claim is in order.

Reactions: oscer1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you sure it's not a charger issue? You can update the Battery driver from the Device manager. Might be a warranty claim is in order.
I'm sure it's not a charger issue because the laptop turn on perfectly when the battery was not in the laptop, it was getting power 100% from the charger. Thats how i'm sure.
I already tried updating the drivers etc. they are up to date.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it could be the charging circuit. what do you mean battery broke? not holding charge?
Old battery broke, light on the laptop shows that it is full, i turned it on and it was on like 70%
Then if i turned on a game, for example csgo, it would just turn off without a warning.
It would empty really fast etc.

It did that probably because i was always using my laptop while it was charging, ( games etc.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i'll do when i run out of options, i just dont want to waot another 3 months just for a battery.
Right now i just want to try every possible thing i can to fix it

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
7,227 Posts
:confused: If you have tried "everything" except buying a genuine battery, then the next obvious step would be to buy one ... and cross your fingers that it solves the problem. If it doesn't, that would lead one to believe the charging circuit on the motherboard may not be working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:confused: If you have tried "everything" except buying a genuine battery, then the next obvious step would be to buy one ... and cross your fingers that it solves the problem. If it doesn't, that would lead one to believe the charging circuit on the motherboard may not be working.
I just emailed the company i bought the battery from, they will replace this broken one for a new one, then i hope it works, thanks for the help everyone!

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,647 Posts
Is this an OEM battery or not? Generally in my experience "compatible" batteries, are never co0mpatible they just don't fit in right and therefore don't perform right, no matter how many they send you. If you shop carefully you can buy an Oem for the same money and it will work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is this an OEM battery or not? Generally in my experience "compatible" batteries, are never co0mpatible they just don't fit in right and therefore don't perform right, no matter how many they send you. If you shop carefully you can buy an Oem for the same money and it will work.
I am not in the US, so don't have experience there.. but I have to say I have never had a problem with battery replacements.. all I have ever done is get the same battery 'model' from local companies providing non-OEM replacements. all I have replaced, for customers and myself alike, have worked perfectly, and fitted perfectly. I have only one problematic company in mind with power supplies for laptops, and that is Dell, who in their selfishness, use an extra connection to confirm the power supply is genuine Dell. If it is not the battery does not get charged, though the device is still powered.
But even in the case of Dell laptops, I have had no trouble replacing their batteries with non-OEM batteries.
The main reason I do not replace with OEM here is the exorbitant cost of originals, especially from HP and Dell... I can get the exact same power output, sized, shaped batteries here for less than 1/2 the cost of OEM for most , and in the case of Dell... NZ $60 , compared to NZ$150+ for OEM, and even worse with HP.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,647 Posts
Well then your experience is the opposite of mine as I have never had a "compatible" battery fit and run right so I don't bother trying them anymore, cost me too much in freight sending so many back.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well then your experience is the opposite of mine as I have never had a "compatible" battery fit and run right so I don't bother trying them anymore, cost me too much in freight sending so many back.
Actually, "compatible" is probably not the term I should be using... The batteries I get are EXACTLY the same as those supplied by HP & co... from the same manufacturer, with the same case, and same model, etc... just not out of their parts system. They are imported here from the original suppliers to those companies.
I have to say I have heard of many instances in the US of attempts to sell 'compatible' products that are not, so your experience doesn't surprise me. Perhaps I am in a more discerning market, as we do not tolerate those sort of companies here.
We also have a "Consumer Guarantees Act" which tends to prevent that sort of thing happening anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts