Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so a little while ago, i was using linux and wanted to copy a file to my shared fat32 partition, but it was mounted as read only, so i forced it to copy. after it was done, all the filenames were messed up and stuff, and after i restartedd, the drive didnt not appear anymore

so the gist of it is, i think somehow doing that made that drive get corrupted or something. No operating system can read it, but they do detect the partition

so... im wanting to see if there is some way to recover my information off this drive. I havent written anything to the drive since, most likely cause nothing can write to it. But i downloaded a program called PC Inspector that says it can recover lost files, but every time i tell it to search the partiton, the program crashes

any suggestions on how to possibly recover the files on this partiton?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump... does no one have any ideas on how to recover my data? or is it gone forever?

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
You could try Runtime's GetDataBack..it's my preferred data recovery software.

Also, is the affected area just a partition on a drive or a hard drive itself? Does it show in your Disk Management console as a hidden/damaged partition?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in comp management, it shows the drive as healthy, active, but it does not specifiy a filesystem and it says its 100% free (mosty likely cause the fs got corrupted)

ill try that program and see if i have any luck, thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, that worked. thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.