Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everything seems fine, just that when bootup reaches the windows splash screen it takes forever. before and after that is fine.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Did this just start? If so, what was the last thing you did before it started? Sometimes this problem can be solved by a BIOS update. Check to see if there is a BIOS update available for your computer/motherboard.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sometimes this problem can be solved by a BIOS update.
Its not recommended unless something in your computer is not working supported by that update. Because if something happens while doing this then ur computer mobo will end up as a Junk and u cant recover it....

everything seems fine, just that when bootup reaches the windows splash screen it takes forever. before and after that is fine.

Try and see if u can boost up some speed with the thread below....
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/need-help-speeding-up-xp-please-131572.html

·
Registered
93 Posts
boot up very slow at windows splsh screen

hi im not sure if i can give u advice, but what i done was go to start run type in regedit navigate to and select HKEY-CURRENT-USER/controlpanel/desktop]double click the MENUSHOWDELAY icon on the right and change value data from its default of 400 to 0 iv got mine on 50 then press enter or ok.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do this to disable the splash screen altogether. Perhaps this will speed things up.

Start > Run > type: msconfig > click: boot.ini tab > Under "boot options" select: /NOGUIBOOT

This is a simple way to boot up faster by disabling the splash screen and doesn't force you to get messy with the registry.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im going to try to modify show delay to 50
and see what happens.

i also cant seem to get into safe mode. i tried tapping F8 but i cant get in. When i bootup the Hp screen shows with a few options shown(for BIOS, change boot order, and boot from LAN) i tapped F8 multiple times and i still couldnt get in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
changing the show delay to 50 does not help, and holding the F8 key down does not help either.
and just to be sure, i can restart into safe mode or do i have to shut down, wait 30 secs or something and then bootup and try to get into safe mode.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You dont have to wait for anything.........jst restart/start ur computer nd press n hold the f8 key.....But its not working in ur case then I would say u should try other keys like f9,f10.. n see if it works..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
microsoft just says F8?
wat other keys are known to work?
F5, ESC, DEL?

for my system F10 is BIOS
F12 is boot from lanan F something else is change boot order

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just to clarify, when i say i cant get into safe mode i mean i cant get to the black screen where u select safe mode, safe mode with networking, last known good config... blah blah blah. However, I am able to get into safe if i go into msconfig and click the option for safeboot.

thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok getting back on topic. i tried doing noguiboot, still took the same amount of time. But instead of having the windows splash screen, there was just this plain black screen.

i also just tried running on /SOS, the part that took the longest was the part where there was a light blue screen and it just says windows xp home edition build 2600 and something else. It was on that screen for almost a minute

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.