Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a packard bell imedia 4800, which is about 5 years old now. the problem is that for some reason it boots straight into standby mode, without any chance of getting into the bios, and then it just stays there. this problem has been going for a while now, but getting progressively worse, until this morning it has just stayed in standby. up until now it seemed to start normally after 10 - 20 minutes in standby. i've checked the bios before now and everything seemed ok, and am not sure if this is hardware problem or O.S. or something in the bios. bit of a moot point now as i cant even get into the bios as it seems stuck in standby from power up. any help would be greatly appreciated. many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure how to reset the cmos. tried taking the battery out, didnt work. its a very old challenger mobo, in a packard bell imedia. any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
many thanks for the help. have found the jumpers and am attempting to reset the CMOS now. will report back if this works. maybe helpful to someone else. once again, thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.