Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. For the first time in my life, I decided to try to put my own computer together. So I bought all the parts, went back to my house, and "assembled" all the parts together. Once that was done, I plugged in the monitor and such, and put in Windows 7 CD. I did the proccess, but half way through downloading, it turned off. I turned it back on and it said "BOOTMGR missing. PRess control, alt, delete to restart".

I looked up what to do on the internet, but I'm having a problem. They say to go back to the orignal screen where you can choose your langauge and things, but I don't know how to get there, any time i turn on the computer with or without the disk, it says the same thing. I read it's probably a software thing, but it could possibly be a hardware problem. I might have assembled something wrong, I'm not to sure.

Can someone help me out please? Should I give specifics on what I am using as my stuff? I'm still new, so thanks for any help.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, I'm still new to the forum.

·
TSF Emeritus
25,552 Posts
Hello cognos,

Enter the BIOS settings and make sure your DVD drive is set to first boot. (under Boot Options)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello.

I did this also (Based on another guide). IT allows me to go back to my installation, but when I tried to reinstall it, it brought me to the same screen. Sorry if I mentioned this before, but since this is a new hardrive and has no pre-existing OS on it, I can't press the "Repair your computer" (like other guides had said".

Any other advice? Thank you for your help everyone

·
TSF Emeritus
25,552 Posts
I would like you to download memtest86+ and your HDD manufacturers diagnostic utility from the link in my signature. You will need to burn the .iso files to CD and boot the new computer to them.

Also, what version of Windows 7 are you attempting to install? Retail/OEM/64/32?

Also, can you provide us with complete specs for your system,

CPU
MB - Brand/Model
RAM - Brand/Capacity
HDD - Brand/Capacity
PSU - Brand/Model/Wattage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I"ll be sure to do that. May I ask what they will do (I'm very cautious as to what I download to my computer)

As for what version, OEM

I'mstill very new to this, and I don't knwo exact what you want mean by from all the descriptions from my parts, but I'll try my best

CPU-Intel Core i3 Processor
MB- EVGA h55V/ (What do oyu mean by Capactiy?)
RAM-XMS3/ I got two RAM's, each 2GB
HDD- (I know this is stupid, but I threw the box away, so I don't know)
PSU- Power UP/ATX/ 450 WAtt (All together, the mai nthing on the box just says "450 watt ATX power Supply)

·
TSF Emeritus
25,552 Posts
Hello again,

You are going to have to run a HDD diagnostic on your Hard Drive, Take a look at the label to find out the Brand. You can download the diagnostic from the link in my signature. Did you ever complete the memory test?

Also, OEM Windows cannot be transferred from one computer to another. The license is tied to the machine the OS was shipped with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.