Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I formatted my hard drive and when i try to boot from my xp installation disk it comes to a screen that says bootmgr missing. What can be done?

And i'm very sure that i had already change the bios set up for the first boot is CD\DVD, but the problem is keep coming, can someone help me?

My computer is Compaq Presario CQ40, a very old computer O_Q

Thank you very much.:cry:

·
Decessit
68,881 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF go back into the bios and check the cd\dvd drive and if need be set it as first boot device again then save and exit using F10

·
Premium Member
41,819 Posts
Check you XP disc on another computer, if it doesn't boot that computer, then that disc is either not bootable, or the CD drive on the troubled computer is not reading the disc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi and welcome to TSF go back into the bios and check the cd\dvd drive and if need be set it as first boot device again then save and exit using F10
I confirm the CD\DVD is first boot device and i'm sure that the Windows XP CD is bootable, coz i used it so many times. lol

·
Premium Member
41,819 Posts
The Bootmgr missing error means, the computer is looking for a drive with a boot file on it. It is going to the HDD and the CD rom drive and not finding one. There are 3 different things that would cause this error. The CD rom drive is not first boot device,This CD drive is no longer reading the CD, the CD is not bootable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Bootmgr missing error means, the computer is looking for a drive with a boot file on it. It is going to the HDD and the CD rom drive and not finding one. There are 3 different things that would cause this error. The CD rom drive is not first boot device,This CD drive is no longer reading the CD, the CD is not bootable.
well, i deleted all the volumes in th HDD and the bootmgr didnt come out again!
good job! but when it running the XP CD, the blue screen came out and said:
Stop: 0X0000007B (0XF78A6524, 0XC00000034, 0X00000000, 0x00000000)

i run the primary HDD test in the BIOS but i didnt got any problem, then what should i do? lol

·
Premium Member
41,819 Posts
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to HDD mode, or SATA change the HDD mode from AHCI to IDE or compatibility mode. Save and Exit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.