Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am having a horrible time trying to recover Vista on my laptop and I need some help. I have read several topics about the "bootmgr is missing press ctl+alt+delete to restart" problem and still I cannot figure out how I can do this personally. Sorry if you guys have heard this one a million times.

I have a Toshiba Sattelite U405-S2826 with Vista Biz. I recently ran into some problems in which vista was not able to load my profile settings once windows started up so I decided to do a full reinstall with the Toshiba Recovery Disc. After the first recovery disc had run all the way through and the install program told me to insert the second disk there was some sort of problem and it restarted to the bootmgr is missing error. Looking in the BIOS, it now seems that during the install the drivers for the dvd drive were deleted---and now the dvd will not work.

I have seen many articles on making USB drives bootable and reinstalling windows from them, but I need to know which files I need to put from the recovery disk? Also which file format does it need to be in? ISO? Or just add the files to the stick and it will work?

I am pretty seasoned on working with isos and stuff, but trying from the boot environment is tricky...Please help me guys!!!! :upset:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.