Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 hds- a 30 gig ibm as master and a 120 gig as slave. the 30 went bad (physically stopped working and all) and so i put in a 60 i had lying around. the way i organize my stuff is all my progs and os go on the master drive and all my archival data (docs, mp3, etc) goes on the 120. well when i put the 60 gig with correct jumpers (master for 60 and 120 for slave) and on correct ide channels (prim master for 60 and prim slave for 120). i put in my winxp cd, or win2k cd, or even win98 cd (my college buys engineers lots of legit software :)) and i run the initial boot from cd installation- then it reboots after formatting the drive to ntfs, and then i get an error DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. i tried running the fixmbr and the fixboot both with and without the 120 connected. i removed all my pci cards save my video card. i have no clue as to y this is happening. anyone got any ideas and any ideas how to fix it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
alright... i got past that by removing the 120 gig and putting the 60 gig jumper to cable select. now im installin winxp and _hopefully_ this doesnt crash like seemingly ever os installation software does.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well it hangs where it normally hangs when im installing windows. after i've entered my key (which is actually valid...go me go me) it goes into the phase titled "installing windows" (as per the bar on the left side) and then it hangs usually between 18 min and 16 min. sometimes it hangs at 9 min. this mean there could be some bad sectors on my hd or something?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.