Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this question, but here goes... I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 Notebook, XP Pro Service pack 2, P4 2.80GHz, 1g ram. The problem I am having is when I turn it on it does not completely boot. I am just left with a black screen. This use to only happen when I had the power unplugged all day. I would have to plug it in for about five minutes before I turned it on; that seemed to do the trick. But, now EVERY TIME I turn on my computer it does not fully boot, I have to hold down the power button to turn it off, the turn it back on. I then get the error that Windows was shut down improperly. Then it fully boots and I am able to work on my computer normally. Is this a common problem? Any idea how to fix this?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you get any weird noises from your notebook? I've seen this before and it was a harddrive failure, but, I don't think that is the case with your's. Since this is a notebook, I won't be able to help you a whole lot. I would try dell's customer service (ugh, I know.....) or wait until someone on the forum with the proper technical knowledge can help you.

CMA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.