Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Booting problems!

1K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  dai 
#1 ·
Recently, I built my own computer. Everything was running fine on the first boot. No strange wavy lines or anything. But...about a week later, it started playing up. gone were the days of pressing the on button and having actually turn on without a beep code error. Now it take ages of pressing the reset button and waiting for the single beep to start up. :upset: The error beep code is continuous long beeps. I looked in my manual and found out that it meant my graphics card isnt inserted properly. IM NOT USING A GRAPHICS CARD!!!!! I'm using the onboard graphics. :upset: Here are my system specs:
2 gb RAM
1 x 160gb SATA hdd and 1 x 120gb IDE hdd (shared cable with DVD-ROM)
Mothjerboard model: Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2220 2.4ghz
Windows vista home premium w/SP1
If you need any more specs, just ask. Any help would be gratly appreciated.

#7 ·
More Problems?!?!?!?!

This is what im going to get: 380W "Antec" EarthWatts ATX Power Supply (EA-380) and XpertVision GF 8600GT.

Another prob though: I was playing around with the insides of my case and I inserted my old AGP card into the PCI-E slot. Then i foolishly booted my computer, which in turn ended up having the motherboard restart at 0.5 second intervals. So i took the Video card out and now two things happened: The little buzzer no longer works, and the computer doesnt even get to the POST screen. It just sits there with all the fans humming. Should i replace my motherboard now as well? And are those components okay?

#8 ·
Agp videocards are bad for PCI-E

I was playing around with the insides of my case and I inserted my old AGP card into the PCI-E slot. Then i foolishly booted my computer, which in turn ended up having the motherboard restart at 0.5 second intervals. So i took the Video card out and now two things happened: The little buzzer no longer works, and the computer doesnt even get to the POST screen. It just sits there with all the fans humming. What should i do???

#9 ·
380 is half what you need for a 8600gt with it you are in the 550-650w quality range
you have probably shorted out the slot
what do you think they make the pins on the different video cards in different positions along the cards for
so people that are not sure what they are doing can see that it's not the right slot for the card

#12 ·
reset the cmos
do you have a pcie card to try in it
turn the computer off
remove the power lead from the back
take the side off
remove the cmos battery
move the cmos jumper from pins 1 and 2 to pin 2 and 3 and the back to pins 1 and 2
replace the battery
put the side on
replug in the power lead
boot the computer

there can be 2 solder points you touch with a screwdriver
2 pins you touch with a screwdriver or use a jumper
a cmos clear switch or button
there will be a diagram and instructions in your manual
after the cmos reset start without the video card in and see if you get the bios error code it is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.