Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing DOTA midnight and the computer suddenly shut down. When i try to restart only black screen appear.

1)No loading fo mobo also, just a black screen when i on the suis.

2)My monitor fail to detect from CPU. Cause normally when i start my com, the LED on my monitor will shows a green light. Now is red !

3)In addition,the power button on my CPU dont have colour. No red nor green. Normally when u press it after you on the suis, the power button will shows green colour. Now i press how many times also no use

4)Another weird thing: My CPU fan and additional fan can run without pressing the power button. Normally after you on the suis that link to power supply, you still need to press the power button on CPU to start the com rite? But now seems different, the fans run after i on the suis.

No matter what i do, only black screen appear. HELP!

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
disconnect the wires from the switch to the m/b and try starting by touching the 2 pins with a paperclip or something similar

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May i know which 2 pins are you refering? And how ami going to diagnose the problem?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
4)Another weird thing: My CPU fan and additional fan can run without pressing the power button. Normally after you on the suis that link to power supply, you still need to press the power button on CPU to start the com rite? But now seems different, the fans run after i on the suis.
You are saying here that your case fan and CPU fan are still running?
What happens when you unplug the computer from the wall, then plug it back in do the fans start again?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. The fans are still running. The weird thing is i noneed to press the power button on the CPU.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I follow what u said but it doest work :4-dontkno The fans are are running until i off the power supply. But only black screen appears on my monitor. How come?

This is not Dell computer. And not branded. I bought from a computer shop where they install all the hardware and software before they sell it to you.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The pins that dai is talking about are on the motherboard. Usualy in the lower left corner area. there will be a row and it will be marked around it HDD LED 2 pins, POWER LED 2-3 pins, POWER 2 pins. each of these will have a small plug on them. remove the one that is marked POWER . remove this plug and with something conductive (paper clip, small piece of wire) short these pins.
NOTE: These wires to this plug will all be coming from the front of the case.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oldmn,really sorry. I dont understand what you want me to do. :cry: But really thx for helping me out .My pc already sent to technician.

- thread closed -

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.