Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to format my cpu with windows xp home edition and have a problem
i begin the format and it stop before the intalation of windows of five steep i stop in the four steep and give me the messege parameters or function invalid and the cpu do not go away any more it reinicialize again and again with the same messege....someone can help me please the cpu is celeron 766 the hd is samsung 40gb ide the mobo is msi 6368

·
Registered
4,586 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did it and the problem that show messenge parameters or fuction not valid is solved but the problem that can do the format stop in the four steep of formatation where
must begin the intalation of windows continue yet. i think that it can be problem of motherboard

·
Helper
4,126 Posts
Did you clear ALL partitions from the HD?

To ensure a 'clean' install, you can get the diagnostic and low level formatting utilities from the download pages of the hard drive manufacturer's web site. Run the full diagnostic and zero the drive.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Did you run a harddrive test first before just wiping the harddrive?

It may be the hard drive at fault?
If the harddrive passes the test, then its the motherboard probably
your probably right about it, MSI old motherboards are good at freezing up
during xp installations or just simply quit when it comes time to copy files.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you run a harddrive test first before just wiping the harddrive?

It may be the hard drive at fault?
i run the hard drive test and zero the drive and try again new instalation
and the same problem continue the instalation now is freezing i give reset and the same begin agian and again i think seriouly that it can be the mobo
because the hard drive that i use is new i try the wipe clean hard drive format disc , i use the shding direct lonk es tool the drive diagnostic and try [email protected] i get zero hard drive with wipe with killdisc free

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i do it i use the clean xp but the sistem do not allowed do something it continue reinicialize all the time the message error that show is floppy disk fail (40) when i put the disc with clean xp the sistem look to continue and begin untill the same problem
in the four steep of format when begin windows intaling,i get out the disc and the sistem continue how if it was working in ther instalation but i wait for ten minutes and nothing happen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.