Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XP drive went bad on me. The partition is bad or something. I'm on Windows 2000 now, and in Partion Magic the xp hardrive's type is Type 07. I used a utility to try to repair the partition called Active Partition Recovery, that seemed to work for the partition, but it says my boot sector is corrupt. Is there any software to repair the boot sector, or a way to do this manually. I have a utility to write zero's to the boot sector, but will this do what I want? I don't care about saving the partition, I care about all my data on the drive.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
If you have XP installed on it, boot using your XP cd go into Consule Recovery and run the fixboot & fixmbr command.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on windows 2000 pro. I go into windows explorer. Right click on the drive-->properties-->tools-->check disk now-->check the 2 check boxes-->then click ok. As soon as I click ok, the box closes on me. It does nothing. :no:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TechIsIn: Will that work even though the partition is not recognizable as it once was? I had it formatted with NTFS, partitin magic says it some Type 07.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.