Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems at startup with a Raid array failed. I can hit Cntrl-I and i've been able to repair the array and then I can boot normally. There have been no issues once the operating system is loaded. Other times, I get a "BOOT SECTOR NOT FOUND..." error message before I see the raid config come up. If I re-boot, it's ok or else it'll give me the faild raid array again which I've been able to repair with the Cntrl-I. I'm hoping to be able to fix this before I have a permanent failure...help.

P4P800 Deluxe
Antec Trueblue 480W
P4 3.0 Ghz Overclocked to xxx
1Gb Corsair XMS DDR 400
Raid 0 Sata 120gb Maxtor Diamondmax drives
EVGA GeForce FX5700 Ultra 128Mb
Plextor DVD/R PX-708A
Lite-On CDRW 52327S
Linksys Wireless Card
Onboard Sound

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info:
I'm overclocked by 10%
My temps are:
CPU 31 C
MB 31C

While I was in the BIOS, I noticed there was a field for "onboard VT 6400 RAID" and it was disabled? I thought that was kinda strange but I left it as is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've turned off the overclocking. So far no problems but then again, the issue comes and goes. Last night while playing battlefield 2, my machine spontaneously re-booted.... I turned up my CPU fan speed thinking I overheated or something... Kinda wiggy, I'll keep an eye one it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oldmn, thanks for the advice. So far no boot sector errors with the OC turned off, I've still got my fingers crossed though...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh oh, it happended again. Got a BOOT SECTOR NOT FOUND error at startup. I hit the reset button and then got as far as the Failed Raid Array screen, I hit Cntrl-I to enter the Raid screen. I'm prompted if I want to use the two raid volumes in my radi array, I hit R to repair and it then boots up... Anyone else having this problem or am I just lucky?:4-dontkno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.