Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Acer was experiencing problems (running slow etc.) So i decided to run a virus scan on AVG virus software. When i saw that my firewall was in need of an update, I clicked to update and my computer shut off. Ever since then I was getting the blue screen of death, and no option for safe mode, so I could not boot windows.

Today I found out that I could access Acers recovering managment by using Alt F10 in POST.

I restroed my computer back to factory original and everything was seeming to work fine.

Untill, in the middle of Vista reloading itself, I got another blue screen of death, this one, not so fatal, allowed me to boot in safe mode. Vista however did not. I could not boot in safe mode untill windows had finished updating. So i returned to boot normally, I got to right before selecting a User and I got a pop up saying "Your computer was restarted blah blah blah" basically, I could yet again, not load windows.

So i returned to the Acer recovery, hopeing to again restore to default.

No such luck.

Every restore I attempt, fails about 3/4 of the way into it.

" Restore failed - reason 0xd000000d"

After the failed restore, I can load my computer up to the Post point but after that it restarts itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
0xd000000d on an acer aspire 5515
Maybe one of your RAM modules is bad. If you have vista, hold down f10 or f8 at during boot to see if you can get to the memory diagnostic tool.
I had errors so I tried removing one of the RAM modules. Once I removed the bad RAM the error went away.
(Bad RAM, contact the manufacturer and get it replaced or buy new RAM).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.