Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's like this. When I boot up my laptop (WinXP, SP2) I get this window saying that windows is unable to find the file "/idlist,:516:1884,". Whenever this happens, My Documents pop up as well. This is really annoying and I easily get bugged on these things :sayyes:.

I would really appreciate some help with resolving this.

Thanks in advance
Reyn

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Look in Event Viewer for the log that may point to what this error is. Report back and let us know what you find. To acces Event Viewer go to Start>ControlPanel>Adminstrative Tools>Event Viewer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so in the log I found several errors during startup:
(sorted by time, ascending, blank space means that there are information entries in between)

Error Netlogon 14:55:42
Warning W32Time 14:55:45
Error W32Time 14:55:45
Warning W32Time 14:55:46
Error W32Time 14:55:46

Error RemoteAccess 14:55:54

Warning 14:57:00 Dnsapi

Warning W32Time 14:57:01
Error W32Time 14:57:01

-After watching this I noticed that I get all these errors every time, which seems unecessary. I hope that this information is of any use. If you need anything more let me know.

Reyn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Okay these are the entries from the Program tab (entries in previous post were from the System tab). Sorted same way.

Error Userenv 14:55:42

Error Userenv 14:56:40
Error AutoEnrollment 14:56:42

Error Userinit 14:56:51

-These errors too occur at every startup.

Reyn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so I've been searching around for information regarding these errors but haven't found anything really useful. I think I'm going to need some more help with this.

Reyn

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Go back to the Event Viewer and double-click or right-click on the error in the pane and the Event Properties dialog window will open. Give us the complete details(e.g. date, source, time, error, etc.) for the error(s) pertaining to the System and/or Application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright. After looking at the propterties for all the errors I've noticed that they all seem to be network errors. I think that the computer might be trying to access something for logon.

The proterties do not really say anything more than what I've already printed out. (Source being the second column)

I'm going to review my network settings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.